
Marco and I decided that we wanted to be more involved in our democratic process. I have been so concerned by the crazies that are running our country. Not just on the right, but the left as well. So we showed up to local precinct meeting in hopes of learning more about how it all worked. Well, we were two of three people who showed up for our precinct, so we became not only precinct chairs, but delegates as well. Since then, our lives have been a whirlwind of democracy. We've spent two full Saturdays at conventions were we submit our votes to determine Democratic nominees. We've listened to speeches, gone to rallies, I even had one of the nominees for District Attorney call me personally-I felt very important. I have so enjoyed talking about the issues that are important to me, and often underrepresented in this state. I love feeling like I'm doing something to make the lives of others better. I think I'm addicted....
Sunday, May 9, 2010
Politically Incorrect
Posted by Kym + Marco at 8:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comments:
Why don't you run for the Senate? We need a good Democrat in there, I'd vote for you! That's so admirable that you guys are getting so involved. Everyone wants to continually gripe about the state of things, but never takes the initiative to try and change them. Good for you and Marco!
Post a Comment